Recipe by mollypaul
An elegant seafood salad for a fine repast. Chilling time not included in preparation time. From the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 1 pint oyster
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- French dressing (French Dressing (Not Catalina Style) or your own O & V recipe)
- 1 leaf lettuce or 1 leaf mesclun, well washed and thoroughly dried
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- parsley sprig, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and drain oysters.
- Place in saucepan with a little water and simmer until edges begin to curl.
- Cool, drain and cut into quarters.
- Add celery and moisten with French dressing.
- Place leaf lettuce on chilled salad plates; top with oyster mixture and garnish with lemon slices and parsley.