Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious european eggplant salad can be made as a sandwich or as an appetizer when entertaining.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium meaty tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh parsley (FOR GARNISH)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- pierce eggplant with in several places and bake on sheet for 50 minutes (turn midway through baking).
- after done cooking, let cool for an hour and peel skin off, slice eggplant lengthwish in half.
- drain out fluid and slice cut eggplant into pieces.
- in food processor, combine eggplant pulp, tomato,garlic,oil,vinegar, salt and pepper.
- cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- serve and enjoy with pita bread triangles or coctail rye bread.