Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute. These are wonderful for fancy buffets, freeze well, and make a hit at any and every party. Great for the gourmet, and good for home.
- 2 cups octopus
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Boil fresh octopus for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove skin.
- The skin and suckers will"slip" off the tentacles when it is cooked.
- Prepare cooked octopus for tidbits by grinding as you would hamburger.
- Once is sufficient.
- No further tenderizing is necessary.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Form into balls no larger than 1" in diameter.
- Roll in bread crumbs to coat.
- Pan fry in butter or margarine until golden brown.
- Garnish with lemon, lime, tomatoes or lettuce.