Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute. These are wonderful for fancy buffets, freeze well, and make a hit at any and every party. Great for the gourmet, and good for home.
- Boil fresh octopus for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove skin.
- The skin and suckers will"slip" off the tentacles when it is cooked.
- Prepare cooked octopus for tidbits by grinding as you would hamburger.
- Once is sufficient.
- No further tenderizing is necessary.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Form into balls no larger than 1" in diameter.
- Roll in bread crumbs to coat.
- Pan fry in butter or margarine until golden brown.
- Garnish with lemon, lime, tomatoes or lettuce.