1 hr 40 mins
A simple, summer salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a large pot with salted water and place over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the octopuses and the potatoes and squeeze the juice of one lemon into water.
- 3Bring the water to a boil and cook for 30-40 minutes, or just until the potatoes are cooked through; the potatoes and octopuses cook at the same rate.
- 4Check for doneness by inserting a small, thin bladed knife into one potato.
- 5Remove the pot from the heat and let the octopuses and potatoes cool in the water for about 30-40 minutes.
- 6When cool, remove the potatoes from the water, cut them into 1/4 inch cubes and transfer into a large bowl.
- 7Remove the octopuses from the water and cut them into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 8Add the octopus pieces to the bowl with the potato. Add the olive oil and the juice from the other lemon to the bowl.
- 9Toss and season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with parsley leaves.
- 10Serve at once, from a large bowl or divided among salad plates.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Octopus Salad
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.8 mg
- Sodium 527.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 35.8 g