Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
A simple, summer salad.
Make and share this Octopus Salad recipe from Food.com.
- fine sea salt, to taste
- 2 -3 lbs octopus
- 2 medium yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, loosely packed
- Fill a large pot with salted water and place over medium-high heat.
- Add the octopuses and the potatoes and squeeze the juice of one lemon into water.
- Bring the water to a boil and cook for 30-40 minutes, or just until the potatoes are cooked through; the potatoes and octopuses cook at the same rate.
- Check for doneness by inserting a small, thin bladed knife into one potato.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the octopuses and potatoes cool in the water for about 30-40 minutes.
- When cool, remove the potatoes from the water, cut them into 1/4 inch cubes and transfer into a large bowl.
- Remove the octopuses from the water and cut them into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add the octopus pieces to the bowl with the potato. Add the olive oil and the juice from the other lemon to the bowl.
- Toss and season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with parsley leaves.
- Serve at once, from a large bowl or divided among salad plates.