Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My kids always loved this. Was a great way to present an old idea.
Make and share this Octopus and Seaweed (Ramen Noodles and Hot Dogs) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 ounce) package beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 4 hot dogs
- 5 drops green food coloring
- In saucepan, bring 1 - 1 1/2 cups water to boil.
- Add noodles and contents of package.
- Boil 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 4 inches of water to a learge saucepan, bring to boli.
- Cut each hotdog into 8 strips to within 2 inches of one end.
- Drop into boiling water.
- Cook till heated through.
- Add food coloring to noodless and drain if neccessary. Place noodles on serving plate.
- Top with hotdog, standing up.
- Add eyes and mouth with ketchup and mustard.
My son loves his octopus and seaweed. I passed this recipe on to my sister and her kids loved it too. I only have one child. I boil up the weiner in the soup water and before I add the noodles I take the weiner out of the pot. I can decorate it while the soup is cooking. Lots of fun.
I am giving this five stars because my 2 year old son hasn't eaten any "meals" in four day's. He loved the Octopus dogs and the green seaweed. He had two helpings of noodles and sorry to say, 4 hotdogs (maybe he'll sleep tonight). My dh would rather have me make something different for him on these nights, maybe I'll stick to having them for lunches. Thank you for such a cute idea and something that filled up my picky eater.
This is so cute and budget friendly! Thanks for a cool idea.