- 2 lbs pork ribs
- 2 (32 ounce) jars sauerkraut, drained
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and cut in half
- 2 tart green apples, cored and wedged
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 8 juniper berries (optional)
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer ingredients into a large Dutch oven in this order: sauerkraut, onions, apples, brown sugar (sprinkle evenly over) and ribs.
- Bury Juniper berries or caraway seed evenly in the sauerkraut layer.
- Bring to a boil. lower heat, cover and simmer gently for 2-3 hours, until ribs are very tender.