Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 hrs
This is the prefect fall meal to warm you up or to bring to the tailgate party.
- 6 lbs pork roast (shoulder or butt)
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 2 (18 ounce) bottlesfavorite barbecue sauce (I use Jack Daniels)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (Sam Adam's Octoberfest)
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- Slice the onion and garlic and place in a buttered pan on low-medium heat with salt, pepper, and sugar for 5 minutes.
- Pour onions and garlic into the crock pot.
- Put in the roast on top of the garlic and onions. Pour 3/4 of the beer on top of the roast. Cover and cook on LOW for about 12 hours.
- Remove the meat, strain, discard all liquid, remaining fat, bones or skin. Most of the fat will have melted away. Return the meat to the crock pot and with two forks, shred the meat, discarding any bones that may remain.
- Return the shredded meat to the crock pot, stir in the barbecue sauce. Continue to cook for another 1 to 3 hours on LOW.
- Serve with hamburger buns or rolls.