Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Americans typically eat pork and saurkraut with mashed potatoes on New Years Day. This is to guarantee good luck in the upcoming year. This pizza with kielbasa, mashed potatoes, saurkraut and cheese is a new twist on the old idea - a way of making sure that you guarantee your new year will be lucky, without eating the same traditional holiday meal. I
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 12 ounces kielbasa
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup well drained sauerkraut
- 1 cup shredded muenster cheese
- Spread pizza dough on greased pizza pan and bake for half of recommended time at temperature designated on pizza dough container. Meanwhile, slice kielbasa into 1/4 inch slices. Heat a 10 inch saute pan over medium high heat. Saute kielbasa for 4 minutes or until heated through. Heat mashed potatoes for in microwave in a medium bowl for 2 minutes, stir, and heat 2 additional minutes. Take pizza dough out of oven and spread with mashed potatoes. Top with saurkraut that has been microwaved for 2 minutes. Place kielbasa slices over saurkraut. Sprinkle with cheese. Place back in oven for the rest of the recommended baking time or until cheese is melted and beginning to turn golden.
I really liked this. I wanted to try something a little different, yet something that I knew my family would all eat. I'm glad I tried this recipe, as it was really good.
Loved this. Its a whole meal on a pizza crust! Seriously though, the mashed potatoes and sauerkraut together with the kielbasa was delicious. Plus, it was really easy to make.
This was delicious. I loved the proportion of kielbasa to saurkraut and the muenster was a good touch. I will make it again.