Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add peeled and cut potatoes; cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add onions.
- In a large bowl, whisk togther the mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, sugar, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in the potatoes and onion.
- Let stand for 1 hour before serving to enhance flavors.
I've been using this recipe quite some time, I think I cut it out of a newspaper. I use 4 cups cooked potatoes, 1 cup mayo, 2-3 TB vinegar, and 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped. Everything else is the same. This is a very good recipe.
This recipe rocks - I used it for our Oktoberfest Party last year and plan to do so again this year! It was quite a hit and all 80 cups went. Good when you have vegetarian friends too!