Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick, simple yet filling spaghetti recipe perfect for weeknights.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil and garlic, juice reserved
- Boil spaghetti, drain and set aside.
- In spaghetti pot over medium-high heat, add olive oil, garlic and shallot, and red onion; cook until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes and 1/2 can juice; cook until hot.
- Add spaghetti and toss.
- Serve with parmesan cheese if desired.
Simple to make, heaven on the taste buds. A fab mid week meal!