Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a cute creative dish for kids
- 4 hot dogs
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup prepared alfredo sauce
- prepared yellow mustard (in squeeze bottle)
- cheese crackers (fish-shaped)
- Lay 1 hot dog on side with end facing you.
- Starting 1 inch from one end of hot dog, slice hot dog vertically in half.
- Roll hot dog'A turn and slice in half vertically again, making 4 segments connected at the top.
- Slice each segment in half vertically creating a total of 8"legs".
- Repeat with remaining hot dogs.
- Place hot dogs in medium saucepan; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, stirring in vegetables during last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Drain; return to pan.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce.
- Heat over low heat until heated through.
- Divide pasta mixture among four plates.
- Drain octo-dogs.
- Arrange one octo-dog on top of pasta mixture on each plate.
- Draw faces on"heads" of octo-dogs with mustard.
- Sprinkle crackers over pasta mixture.
I love the way that this turns out -- so cute, and not only yummy for kids but for adults too :)
This is my youngest son's favorite meal to fix the family. I was going to post it and found it was already here.
This was a very cute meal. My kids LOVED this! They all inhaled it and gave it 5 stars. Even my extremely picky 10 year old thought the sauce was good on the pasta. Amazing as he usually doesn't like any kind of sauce. Very easy to put together and the kids think you're a whiz in the kitchen!