Recipe by veggiechick
I made this version from The Complete Book of Japanese Cooking. Also, I did not have tea leaves so I used tea bags instead.
Top Review by tiffsta6715
THANK YOU for posting this recipe! I had this dish at a local japanese restaurant and have been wondering how to make it! 4 stars instead of 5 because the restaurant told me the broth was made with dashi so the addition of dashi power or dashi broth instead of water would make this dish perfect!
- 4 ounces boneless skinless salmon fillets
- 1⁄4 sheet nori
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked rice
- 2 green tea bags
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly salt salmon, and set aside for 20-30 minutes. Rinse off salt. Grill salmon for approximately 5 minutes. When done flake with a fork.
- Cut nori into 1/2 inch strips.
- Boil 2 1/2 cups of water, and allow to cool. Add tea bags, and let steep for 1-3 minutes.
- Divide rice into 4 bowls. Place a fourth of salmon in each bowl. Drizzle 1 tsp of soy sauce in each bowl, along with 1/4 tsp of wasabi, if using. Garnish with nori strips.