Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this one on another recipe site.
Make and share this O'charley's Pepper Steak Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons diced red onions
- 1⁄3 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup diced fresh celery
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 42 cups water
- 3 beef bouillon cubes (to taste)
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup cooked potato, pieces (microwaved or baked)
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 5 ounces cooked rib eye steaks, cut up (baked or fried)
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Melt butter or margarine in a small stockpot or Dutch oven set over.
- medium-high heat. When butter foams, add onions, green pepper and
- Stir to coat. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften
- brown. Add flour, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, stirring often.
- When flour smells "nutty" and is browned, add water. Cover, and bring
- to a.
- boil. Add bouillon cubes. Stir until blended.
- Add half-and-half, potatoes, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Simmer 15
- 20 minutes. Add steak chunks; simmer 10 minutes. Mix cold water with.
- cornstarch. Add to soup; cook to thicken. Mixture will be almost thick.
- enough to eat with a fork, and salty from the bouillon cubes. (Do not
- extra salt.).