A clone of O'Charley's delicious soup.
Make and share this O'Charley's Loaded Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Dice unpeeled red potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place in large saucepan; cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Let boil for 10 minutes or until 3/4 cooked.
- In a separate pan, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until smooth.
- Place over low heat and gradually add half-and-half, stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir until smooth and liquid begins to thicken.
- Add melted Velveeta.
- Stir well.
- Drain potatoes and add to cream mixture.
- Stir in pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place soup into individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, chives and parsley.