This is my absolute favorite thing at O'Charleys!. I am very sad if I eat there on days they are not serving it. Was searching around online, and found this copy cat. I have not had it yet, but will update when I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2-3 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons chicken base (see note)
- 2 quarts chicken stock (see chicken tenders recipe)
- 1 lb fresh carrot, diced
- 6 -7 celery ribs, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 ounces egg noodles
ingredients for chicken tenders
- 1In a large pot, melt butter.
- 2Add flour and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Slowly add the 2 1/2 to 3 quarts of water, stirring constantly.
- 4The amount of water used depends on how thick you want the soup.).
- 5Simmer 20 minutes.
- 6Add chicken base and chicken stock.
- 7While chicken stock mixture is cooking, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a separate pot.
- 8Add carrots, celery and onion.
- 9Cook 6 minutes.
- 11Add to chicken stock mixture along with white pepper and garlic powder.
- 12Simmer 10 minutes.
- 13Add diced cooked chicken tenders.
- 14Cook noodles in a separate pan of boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 15Drain and rinse with cold water.
- 16Add to soup (noodles will continue cooking in the soup).
- 17Simmer soup 2 or 3 minutes more and serve.
- 18*To make your chicken tenders*.
- 19In a large pot, bring water, chicken base, onion and celery to simmer.
- 20Add chicken.
- 21Gently simmer until done, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- 22Do not overcook.
- 23Drain chicken and reserve stock. (This can be used for the stock in the preceding recipe.).
- 24Place chicken in the freezer to stop the cooking process.
- 25When cool, use a sharp knife to dice into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 26Add to soup.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for O'charley's Chicken Harvest Soup
Serving Size: 1 (877 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.5
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 119.9 mg
- Sodium 518.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 37.0 g