Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my version of the cajun pasta at O'Charley's restaurant.
- angel hair pasta (I love angel hair..but you can use thicker)
Cajun Shrimp Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped purple onion, sweet
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 lb frozen shrimp (small..61-70 per package)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- seasoning salt
- creole seasoning
- half-and-half (2 1/2 cups)
- Chop the peppers and onion kind of big, not too finely cause you want them to have oomph. Fry the peppers and onion in about 1/2 stick of butter till almost tender,it's okay if they have a little bite to em. Add the shrimp straight from the freezer and cook for about 5 minutes. (Note: I made this the other night and actually took the time to thaw the shrimp. This reduces the chance of thinning the sauce too much.).
- Put the angel hair in boiling water at this point so it will be ready at the same time as your sauce.
- Stir the spoonful of flour into the shrimp and add the half and half. Season to taste with the pepper, garlic, seasoned salt and creole seasoning. I like it with a nice heat. Let the sauce simmer gently for about five more minutes till thickened and Voila!
- Make some garlic toast while the sauce is thickening. Dish up your angel hair and spoon the sauce over. OMG -- this is sooooo good!
this is very good, but I use fresh garlic :)
This was DELICIOUS! I had a little trouble getting the sauce to reduce...mine just took a little time, but the end result was fabulous. Thank you!
This may not be exactly like O'Charley's but it is good nevertheless. Very quick and easy. I used whole wheat rotini pasta instead. I will use this again. Thanks! :)