Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is the exact recipe from the back of the bag of Ocean Spray Cranberries.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped (or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in orange juice, oil, orange peel and egg. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- Spread evenly in loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
This is the best recipe !!! Very hard not to have it turn out well. I have been making this recipe for many years...giving it to neighbors at Christmastime and as a taste during our annual Civil war Christmas reenactment. Everyone loves it.You can't go wrong with this recipe !!!!
I made this recipe for the first time last year and was surprised by how wonderful it is. But I guess that's why Ocean Spray folks chose this particular recipe to put on their bag! It's really good and moist!
I've made this exact recipe many, many times. (Still have the recipe clipped from the bag of Ocean Spray cranberries in my recipe drawer). This was one of the first breads I ever made at Christmas time. Everybody raved about it. I highly suggest using this recipe.