Recipe by senseicheryl
This is the exact recipe from the back of the bag of Ocean Spray Cranberries.
Top Review by mjmarrah
This is the best recipe !!! Very hard not to have it turn out well. I have been making this recipe for many years...giving it to neighbors at Christmastime and as a taste during our annual Civil war Christmas reenactment. Everyone loves it.You can't go wrong with this recipe !!!!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped (or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in orange juice, oil, orange peel and egg. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- Spread evenly in loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.