Recipe by Bonnie Young
This is a very refreshing recipe I have used for years. It comes from the bag of Ocean Spray Cranberries bought in the grocery store. This time of year cranberries are plentiful where I live (in fact I have a huge bag 21 pounds in the refrigerator) so right now I try to give new recipes a try before the fresh ones have to go into the freezer. Give it a try it goes great with your Thanksgiving dinner. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen, 1 12oz bag is also enough)
- 1 medium orange, quartered (ends removed)
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar (or eqivalent artificial sweetener)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice unpeeled orange into eighths and remove any seeds. Place half of the cranberries and half of the orange in food processor. Pulse until evenly chopped. Tranfer to a bowl and repeat with the other half of orange and cranberries. Stir in sugar to taste and store in refrigerator of freezer.
- You can also use a food grinder for the food processor step. The grinder is my preferred method, becaue that's how my Mom made it so many many years ago.