Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have to wonder about the name of this recipe when I read the ingredient list, but it is tasty.
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (10 ounce) package marshmallows
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained and reserve
- 1 cup mandarin orange, drained
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Dissolve Jell-0 in hot water.
- Then add cream cheese and marshmallows; stir until blended.
- Add pineapple juice.
- Chill until partly set, then whip mixture.
- Add pineapple, mandarin oranges and whipped cream.
- Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
I love all the ingredients in this recipe and the flavor was wonderful. I didn't care for the way the cream cheese worked in this salad, as it just broke apart in little chunks, rather than melting in with the hot jello mixture. Next time I would leave it out or make it differently so that the cheese blended smoothly with the jello, as it is a great tasting jello salad. Made for ZWT 7.
I must admit, I am not a great marshmallow fan. But I keep bumping into some wonderful dishes using same. I stayed up very late last night, catching up on my last few tags for Comfort Cafe, so was not expecting too much for this dish. I was very pleasantly surprised. Will have to make this again, Charlotte! Didn't have any pineapple juice, per se, but used the juice from the tidbits and oranges. Thnx for much for posting your recipe. Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009 Beach Bash.
What a taste experience Charlotte. Light, fluffy, sweet, tart and tangy all in one dish. We loved it, the cream cheese, whipped cream and marshmallows bring something special to this dish. My dh & I really enjoyed this and will make again often. Thanks for sharing.