Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Marinade these the night before in a freezer bag and dinner will be a breeze.
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, piece grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 500 g pork ribs
- Combine first 7 ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix in the ribs, coating well. Pop into a freezer bag and refridgerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6 / 200°C.
- Spread ribs out in a roasting tin and bake for roughly 40 minutes. Remove when nicely charred.
- Good served with homemade coleslaw and corn on the cob.
Excellent flavor. Had to adjust cooking time, did 1 hour at 250, 1 1/2 hours at 325 and then 10 minutes on gas grill.
I doubled this recipe for the family and I grilled them (after converting to US measurements:). They were delicious! You may think the amount of Chinese 5-spice powder is too much, but it really isn't too overpowering. They smell wonderful while cooking, too! I put in a little bit extra honey. Thanx for sharing this recipe!