Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Super flavorful olives! Time does not include overnight marinade time. (Update 12/08: Made this again, and decided that you can safely decrease both the vinegar & oil amounts to 1/4 cup each. This will still be enough liquid to almost cover them. Use whatever amount you'd like as long as they are even amounts. After eating the olives, any extra marinade can be used sprinkled over a salad or fresh tomatoes.)
- 198.44 g small green manzanilla olives
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely minced
- 118.29 ml red wine vinegar
- 118.29 ml light vegetable oil
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 14.79 ml minced onion
- 4.92 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, cover, and set aside to marinate at room temperature overnight, stirring occasionally to distribute the flavors.
- Stored in the refrigerator, the marinated olives will keep well for several weeks, just stir before serving.
- (Note: Sometimes the vegetable oil will get cloudy in the fridge. This is okay and it will clear up when brought to room temp).
We can't leave these alone! I used a mix of manzanilla, black and kalamata olives. It looked so beautiful in the serving dish. When the olives were gone, I drizzled the dressing over an iceberg lettuce wedge and topped with fresh grated parmesan cheese. It was a great salad!! We won't want plain olives ever again.
Great flavor and easy to make! Thanks! Made for Pick a Chef 2007!