Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My BFF always served up this dip at get togethers - I finally got the recipe and want to share it with the world! You absolutely CANNOT stop eating this - it is delicious...The recipe calls for the dip to be put into endive leaves, so I included that, however, we always serve it with crackers. When I made this for the xmas holidays everyone raved and my nephew begged me to make another batch - immediately. I used cream cheese (not a goat fan) and the apple cider to soak the raisins. ENJOY!
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese or 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 heads Belgian endive or 3 heads crackers
- 4 basil sprigs (to garnish)
- Combine Raisins and juice, cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Let stand.
- Combine cheese, tomatoes, basil, garlic and pepper flakes, mix well.
- Stir in raisin mixture.
- Stuff endive leaves with mixture (if using) and arrange on platter. Otherwise serve dip at room temperature with assorted crackers.
- Garnish with fresh basil sprigs.