Top Review by Miss Annie
I am not a regular sweet eater or baker, but I had to try this one. An easy cake to make, and a beautiful cake to look at, but even better when you eat it. It was wonderful, and my family really enjoyed this. Thanks so much for posting this keeper!!!!
- cooking spray
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) bag miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Do not preheat oven.
- Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, cocoa, sugar, sour cream and oil.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed just long enough to blend.
- Add the eggs and blend well, and then increase the speed to medium-high and beat for 4 minutes.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter with a spatula and stir gently until they are well distributed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and set the oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake until a cake tester or wooden toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean (about 55 minutes.) Let the cake cool in the pan at least 1 hour before slicing.
- You may drizzle chocolate icing over the cake to make it even chocolatier, but it is wonderful without it too.