Recipe by Elizabeth H.
Substituting potatoes for a crust makes this quiche deliciously different! Serve it with cantaloupe slices in summer and quartered oranges in winter. Add real or imitation bacon bits for variety.
Top Review by Jen1
I rated this so high for two reasons: 1, it was SO easy! 2, All of my brunch guests loved it! I did, however, use frozen hash browns in place of O'Brien potatoes. I also added some cubed ham with the broccoli, and used milk to mix with eggs instead of water.
- 1 1⁄2 cups o'brien frozen potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced broccoli floret
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place frozen potatoes in microwave and cook on High for 30 seconds.
- Spread potatoes evenly in 9-inch glass pie plate that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread cheese evenly over potatoes.
- Spread broccoli evenly over cheese.
- Beat eggs well with water.
- Pour carefully over broccoli.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until center is set and top is golden brown.
- Serves 4.
- NOTE: This recipe tested at high altitude (over 3,500 feet).
- Your cooking time may be shorter.