Recipe by Normaone
I was searching for a typical O'brien Potato recipe on Zaar and couldn't find one. This one was found on the Food Network website.
Top Review by kraez
These are great, real O'brien potatoes. If you don't like greasy, do not make this recipe. I was out of pimentos, so I minced a little red bell pepper instead. Everything turned out perfect, although it took a little longer for me to cook than I expected.
- 2⁄3 cup minced onion
- 1⁄3 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup drained and minced bottled pimiento
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 4 idaho potatoes, peeled and diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook the onion, green pepper and pimiento in 2 tablespoons of the oil over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened.
- Transfer vegetables to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over moderately high heat.
- When hot add potatoes.
- Saute stirring frequently 15 to 20 minutes, until tender and crisp.
- Stir in the vegetable mixture.
- Correct seasonings.
- Heat over moderately low heat until hot.