Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I was searching for a typical O'brien Potato recipe on Zaar and couldn't find one. This one was found on the Food Network website.
- 2⁄3 cup minced onion
- 1⁄3 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup drained and minced bottled pimiento
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 4 idaho potatoes, peeled and diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet cook the onion, green pepper and pimiento in 2 tablespoons of the oil over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened.
- Transfer vegetables to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over moderately high heat.
- When hot add potatoes.
- Saute stirring frequently 15 to 20 minutes, until tender and crisp.
- Stir in the vegetable mixture.
- Correct seasonings.
- Heat over moderately low heat until hot.
These are great, real O'brien potatoes. If you don't like greasy, do not make this recipe. I was out of pimentos, so I minced a little red bell pepper instead. Everything turned out perfect, although it took a little longer for me to cook than I expected.