Recipe by bluemoon downunder
A potato salad version of a popular potato dish, one I've updated from a 1970s recipe from 'The Midweek Cookbook: 200 Ways with Potatoes'. I've posted this because I want to remember to try it.
Top Review by Mirj
I love potato salad, especially when it's NOT smothered in mayonnaise. This one has a lovely dressing, and tossing it with the shredded lettuce certainly made it different. I added a dash of Yemenite hot sauce, just for our personal tastes. Thanks!
- 1 lb new potato, scraped and boiled
- 1⁄2 green pepper, cored, scalded and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, scalded, skinned and chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- 1 romaine lettuce, washed, dried and shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the vegetables; and blend together the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Dice the potatoes, add the peppers, tomatoes, onion, garlic and dressing.
- Chill the saladuntil the dressing is well-absorbed; and toss with the lettuce just before serving.