Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This is a main meal recipe for breakfast which features potatoes, fruit and nut ingredients, and includes a lower fat meat alternative. All the ingredients are pulled together in one dish for a healthier morning menu selection. Easy to prepare and cook.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes O'Brien Hash Browns
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat margarine or 3 tablespoons low-fat butter
- 6 links precooked breakfast turkey sausage, each link cut into about 4 pieces each
- 1 large sweet variety cooking apple, seeds and core removed, quartered and very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- Mix Simply Potatoes O'Brien Hash Browns with melted margarine and place in a nonstick skillet.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until they begin to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Then press hash browns firmly down and evenly around the skillet with a spatula.
- Next, evenly distribute the apple slices on top of the hash browns.
- Add the sausage pieces.
- Evenly sprinkle the pecan pieces over the apples and sausage.
- Cover and cook for another 10 to 12 minutes or until bottom of hash browns are golden brown and apple slices are tender.
- Serve directly from skillet or slide out of the skillet onto a serving platter.