1/2 Photos of Obituary Brownies
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
You'll think you've died and gone to heaven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- butter, for parchment paper
- parchment paper or aluminum foil
- 1Butter a 13 x 9-inch pan and line with buttered parchment paper (or lined with buttered foil).
- 2Set rack at the middle level of the oven and preheat to 350°.
- 3Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and turn off heat. Combine butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over pan of water. Stir occasionally until melted.
- 4Whisk eggs together in a large bowl, then whisk in salt, sugars, and vanilla. Stir in chocolate and butter mixture, then fold in flour.
- 5Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for about 45 minutes, until top has formed a shiny crust and batter is moderately firm. Cool in pan on a rack. Wrap pan in plastic wrap and keep at room temperature or refrigerated until next day.
- 6To cut brownies, unmold onto a cutting board, remove paper, and replace with another cutting board. Turn cake right side up and trim away edges. Cut brownies into 2-inch squares.
- 7SERVING: Serve the brownies on their own or with ice cream and hot fudge sauce.
- 8STORAGE: The best way to store brownies is to wrap them individually and keep them at room temperature in a tin or plastic container with a tight-fitting cover. Or freeze them.
- 9NOTE: If you have a 12 x 18-inch commercial half-sheet pan, you may double this recipe easily.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Obituary Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.8
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 64.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g