Recipe by Nif
A rich and creamy cheese spread that someone was kind enough to share. This Bavarian delicacy is normally served in Beergardens together with fresh pretzels or rye bread and some nice German wheat beer. You may have let the cheese get to room temperature to mix. Enjoy!
Top Review by Dwynnie
This was a great dip with soft Bavarian-style pretzels! I did use dried minced onion (1 1/2 Tbs for a half batch) and might scale back just a little next time for a little less oniony aftertaste. I also used an Oktoberfest and would use that beer again. Thanks for a keeper!
- 1 lb ripe camembert cheese or 1 lb brie cheese, rind removed
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped, divided
- 1⁄4 onion, finely chopped
- salt and freshly pepper
- caraway seed
- 6 -8 tablespoons beer, to taste
- onion, finely sliced rings for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the Camembert or Brie, butter, cream cheese, 1 tablespoon chives and onion together until you get a spreadable mixture.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika and caraway seeds to taste.
- Add some beer to make the mixture even more smooth and to taste.
- Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with remaining chives and onion rings.