Recipe by chicagorob
This is the easiest and best tasting Hawaiian chicken dish I've ever found. I made it for my church's luau and the chicken ran out long before the roast pig did.
- 12 boneless chicken thighs (or a mix of boneless thighs and breasts)
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the soy sauce, water, garlic, onion, and sugar in a large pot.
- Heat slowly so the sugar dissolves.
- If it is sour then add more sugar, too salty then add more water.
- If the sauce tastes good then throw in the chicken and simmer about 45 minutes.
- The liquid ingredients should thicken to a very good sauce.
- Serve over rice.