Recipe by Amis
These are traditional Mexican tacos. I've had the recipe for quite a while and it was originally found at allrecipes.com These are similar to soft tacos. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
Top Review by katie in the UP
These are 10 stars!!! I added chopped cabbage (a favorite of DH and Mine) We eat our tacos similar to this all the time!! LOVED them!! Thanks for posting such a great (authentic) recipe!!!
- 2 lbs top sirloin steaks, cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 18 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the steak strips, stirring constantly, until browned on the outside and cooked to personal taste, but not too firm; no more than 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in the skillet, and quickly fry each tortilla on both sides, until lightly browned and flexible.
- Set aside, and keep warm.
- Place tortillas on a plate, and top with steak strips, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro to taste. Squeeze lime juice over. Wrap and eat.