1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs pork spareribs (2 slabs, about 4 pounds)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons salt
- cinnamon stick (1/2-inch piece or 1/2 t. ground cinnamon)
- 2 allspice berries (or 1/8 t. ground allspice)
- 2 whole cloves (or 1/8 t. ground cloves)
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water (or more if needed)
- 1Remove the papery skin from the back of each rack of ribs; place the ribs in a roasting pan.
- 2Combine the garlic, thyme, oregano, marjoram, salt, cinnamon stick, allspice berries, cloves, vinegar, and 3 tablespoons water in a blender or spice mill; process to a smooth paste, adding more water, if needed.
- 3Rub this paste over the ribs on both sides, cover, and let marinate, in the refrigerator, at least overnight and up to 24 hours.
- 4Preheat grill to medium; when ready to cook, season the ribs with salt; oil the grill grate, then arrange the ribs on the hot grate, meaty side down.
- 5Grill the ribs until nicely browned and cooked through, 30-40 minutes in all, turning once or twice with tongs.
- 6Cut the racks into sections of 2 or 4 ribs for serving; serve with Salsa Mexicana.
- 7To make the salsa--cut tomatoes, onion, and chiles into 1/4-inch dice (you can soften the bite of the chiles by scraping out the veins and seeds); combine in a serving bowl.
- 8Add in cilantro, lime juice, and salt; toss to mix; adjust seasoning to taste by adding more lime juice or salt.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oaxacan-Style Pork Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (596 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1339.6
- Calories from Fat 966
- Total Fat 107.4 g
- Saturated Fat 40.6 g
- Cholesterol 353.8 mg
- Sodium 1805.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 78.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: