Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Cooking Light, August 2012. This is a great addition to your summer BBQ. I usually use ancho chili powder when no specific type is called for, which is mild, and slightly smokey- a nice compliment to the grilled flavor of the corn.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons queso fresco
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons Mexican crema (or sour cream if you can't find crema)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat your grill to medium.
- Combine the queso fresco, chili powder, crema, salt, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Place the corn on the grill rack and cook about 8 minutes or until slightly charred. Remove to a serving platter and drizzle with the crema mixture.
- Serve with the lime wedges for squeezing over the corn.
I made this as written using queso fresco and crema. We love corn on the grill and the sauce for this made it super special. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 8.
I just love queso fresco and I was happy to find it at a specialty store here. The sauce is terrific and would be very good on chicken as well. Most of my family doesn't like eating corn right off the cob so I just cut the kernels off and put a dollop of the sauce on top. Delish! Made for ZWT8. Thanks IngridH! :)