Az B's Note:
From Better Homes & Gardens Mexican Edition
My Private Note
side di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 fresh poblano peppers, seeded and finely chopped or 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chili peppers, drained
- 1 fresh serrano chili peppers, or jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped or 1 can jalapeno pepper, rinsed, drained, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth or 2 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1In a large skillet cook carrot, onion, poblano pepper, serrano pepper, and garlic in hot oil for 3 minutes.
- 2Still in the uncooked rice. Cook and stir contstantly over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- 3Carefully stir in broth and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- 4Add green beans, cover and cook for 5 more minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed.
- 5Stir in black beans and heat through.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oaxacan Rice and Beans
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.7
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 590.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 14.3 g