Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Your fish fillets should be 1/2 pound each. Red snapper is recommended, but you can use another firm fish. Make Pineapple Salad - Mexico for this recipe.
For the fish
- 6 fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
For the Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, deseeded, deveined, chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce, from the chipotles
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 black peppercorns, ground
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- sea salt
- Rub the fish fillets on both sides with the garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- Put the mayonnaise in a bowl, stir in the chipotles and their adobo sauce, the garlic, pepper, vinegar and salt.
- Rub the fish fillets with the chipotle sauce.
- Grill the fish over charcoal or fry in a saucepan with olive oil.
- Serve with pineapple salad recipe#235168.
I HATE FISH... but I tried this and it was okay so I actually ate it. Hubby really like this. We will make again. Thanks for new recipe!
This sauce was very flavorful and added a nice smoky hot flavor to the fish. I doubled the sauce recipe, and used half to rub over the fish before grilling, and the other half to serve at the table as a sauce over the fish. I used tilapia.
Exceptional!This fish has tremendous flavor! I used plain, unflavored yogurt in place of the mayo, because I do not eat mayo at all. Other than that, I made it as written.So, so good! Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe! Made for Zaar world Tour.