1/3 Photos of Oaxacan Flan
Charlotte J's Note:
Cooling time not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons almond extract
- 4 (1/4 ounce) packets unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1In a saucepan, add the fist 4 ingredients.
- 2Heat on low for 10 minutes making sure that the mixture does not boil.
- 3In a mixing bowl place egg yolks, eggs and almond extract.
- 4Add mixture mixing slowly and let sit for 10 minutes.
- 5Now slowly add the gelatin while stirring.
- 7Cook sugar in saute pan at medium heat for 3 minutes or until lightly caramelized.
- 8Pour caramel in a 6" round ceramic dish and let sit for 2 minutes.
- 9Pour mixture prepared earlier in caramelized dish and place in refrigerator to cool.
- 10Before serving, you need to scrape the side of the ceramic with a spatula to loosen the caramel.
- 11Turn over into a serving plate.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oaxacan Flan
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.4
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 253.7 mg
- Sodium 111.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 12.5 g