- 8 medium tomatillos, husks removed
- 2 pasilla chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 small white onion, quartered
- 6 large pork chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups water or 2 cups stock
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8-inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the tomatillos in lightly salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Soak the chilies in boiling water to cover for 20 minutes. Drain.
- Put the tomatillos and chilies in the blender with 1 cup of the water or stock, the garlic and the onion. Puree.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and brown the chops on both sides over medium heat.
- Add the puree and cook for 5 minutes. Add the stock and the potatoes, salt to taste and cook covered over a low heat until the chops are tender, about 45 minutes.