Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted in response to a request; recipe was found in the 12/93 issue of Bon Appetit.
Make and share this Oaxacan Chicken Mole recipe from Food.com.
- Using 1 tsp of the chili powder, season the breasts, along with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a heavy skillet that comfortably holds both breasts, heat the oil over mediium-high heat and cook the chicken until brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side); transfer cooked chicken to a plate and add the remaining chili powder, along with the cumin and cinnamon, to the skillet and saute, stirring, for 15 seconds.
- Stir in the tomatoes and their juices along with the chocolate and simmer until the sauce thickens up, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, along with any juices that have accumulated on the plate, back into the skillet and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Taste sauce; add salt and pepper if desired.