Posted in response to a request; recipe was found in the 12/93 issue of Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using 1 tsp of the chili powder, season the breasts, along with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2In a heavy skillet that comfortably holds both breasts, heat the oil over mediium-high heat and cook the chicken until brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side); transfer cooked chicken to a plate and add the remaining chili powder, along with the cumin and cinnamon, to the skillet and saute, stirring, for 15 seconds.
- 3Stir in the tomatoes and their juices along with the chocolate and simmer until the sauce thickens up, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add chicken, along with any juices that have accumulated on the plate, back into the skillet and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- 5Taste sauce; add salt and pepper if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oaxacan Chicken Mole
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.7
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 598.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 30.3 g