- 225 g plain whole meal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g oat bran
- 75 g rolled oats
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- 75 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 200 ml milk
- 75 g blueberries
- 100 g raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas6.
- Place paper cases in a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder & salt into a bowl, then stir in the oat bran & rolled oats. In another bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, eggs & milk.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry one, stirring briefly. Roughly stir in the fruit - don't overmix.
- Divide the mixture between the cases then bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Leave to cool down on a rack.