Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
from "The Good Mood Food Blog" - http://www.thegoodmoodfoodblog.com/2008/03/oh-so-oaty-pancakes.html
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal (uncooked, quick or regular oats)
- 3⁄4 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Heat milk in a saucepan until warm and set aside.
- Blend your oatmeal flour and mix with the rest of the oatmeal, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl whisk your egg whites until they reach a stiff consistancy.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients in one bowl and mix until blended.
- Add the egg whites and fold into the mixture.
- Heat a pan or griddle. Add a full ladle of the mix to the pan. Cook until the first side is golden brown, then flip and cook similarly on the other side.