Recipe by BandersnatchKS
Use your favorite, cheap "O" shaped oat cereal to approximate chips/popcorn/salty snacky things!
Top Review by QueenBee49444
I cut the recipe in half since I wasn't sure how well they would be received in this household - next time I will double the recipe! I used some italian seasoning and it was delicious! I also was curious to see how this would store but I turned my back and it was gone. Next time I will photograph and hide it :) Made and enjoyed for PAC, Spring 2009
- 2 cups oat rings cereal, "o"-shaped plain oat breakfast cereal
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- to taste salt
- chili powder, to taste (optional)
- parmesan cheese, to taste (optional)
- garlic powder, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add cereal, toss to coat. It's not necessary to have the cereal saturated or totally coated, as the butter/margarine in this recipe is mostly to get the seasonings to stick.
- Brown cereal lightly.
- just before you take them out of the pan, season with salt, chili powder, garlic, parmesean, whatever you like. We do all of the above, separately and all together sometimes. Give them a few final stirs to toast the parmesean cheese a bit, and serve. These keep nicely in an airtight container for about a week -- if they hang around that long!