Recipe by Lene
There's nothing more satisfying than a delicious oaty crumble with steaming hot custard. So....here is.
Top Review by mizshuckiduck
My husband made this tonight. The crumble part is lighter than what I'm used to, but it was light in a very nice way. We didn't have enough plums, so he used some apples in it and it was great. I hope he makes this again. Thanks for posting this.
- 750 g small red plums
- 2 pieces gingerroot, finely chopped
- 50 g caster sugar
FOR THE CRUMBLE TOPPING
- 150 g plain flour
- 100 g chilled diced butter
- 75 g caster sugar
- 25 g rolled oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- Place the plums in a 1.
- 2 Ltr ovenproof dish and scatter over the ginger and sugar.
- Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles unevenly sized breadcrumbs.
- Stir throught the sugar and oats and scatter loosely over the fruit, but don't be tempted to pack it down, we want it rough and crumbly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the plums are soft and the crumble is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or custard, or cold with cream.