Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can be a breakfast or a creamy dessert and as a bonus is very healthy! You can add some honey to sweeten it.
- 2 -3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 fluid ounces skim milk or 2 fluid ounces soymilk
- 2 ounces yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, approx
- 1 grated apple, washed but not peeled
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- 7 ounces raspberries or 7 ounces fruit, your own choice
- 2 tablespoons toasted and chopped hazelnuts
- of fresh mint, for garnishing
- 2 raspberries, for garnishing
- Soak the oats overnight in the milk.
- The next day, mix with the yogurt, lemon juice, apple, raspberries and hazelnuts.
- Serve in a bowl or a nice glass and garnish with the mint and raspberries.
This is absolutely WONDERFUL. What a great way to eat rolled oates!!! All my favorite ingredients and so easy to make. I prefer this as a breakfast dish (then I can eat it AGAIN later in the day as a desert). :-) Thanks for sharing a great recipe.
I loved this! It's surprising how creamy the oat mixture gets. Okay, I didn't make this exactly because I didn't have any fruit. I used only the oats, soy milk, strawberry yogurt, lemon juice and cinnamon. It was delicious and creamy! I will definitely make again using fruit and nuts. This to me makes only one serving size!
Mine turned out to be an interesting fruit salad. It was okay.