Recipe by katew
Delicious and moist !
Top Review by noway
This is a very moist bread! I was intrigued by the use of yogurt instead of oil, and it's a technique I will use again. The molasses was a bit too strong for my tastes, would probably decrease that and increase the brown sugar a bit next time. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 300 ml natural yoghurt
- 200 g currants
- 150 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, stir till combined.
- Mix together molasses,yoghurt, currants and milk and add to dry ingredients.
- Beat till a smooth, thick batter forms.
- Grease loaf tin , 20 x 13 cms.
- Pour batter into tin, leave to stand 10 minutes.
- This allow oats to swell and absorb liquid.
- Bake at 180 C for 55 - 60 minutes.
- Serve sliced and buttered.