Recipe by Girl from India
The coconut in these biscuits give them a lovely texture!!
Top Review by chia
maybe i didn't convert the recipe properly, but these came out soft and i didn't detect the oatmeal at all. my kids called these pancakes, as they had that texture. the flavor was very nice with the cinnamon and coconut, but i guess we would have preferred a bit more crunch. sorry this didn't work for us.
- 175 g quick-cooking oats
- 75 g desiccated coconut
- 225 g butter
- 115 g caster sugar
- 50 g dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml milk
- 7 1⁄2 ml vanilla essence
- 115 g flour, sifted
- 2 1⁄2 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the oats and coconut by baking in a 400F oven for 8-10 minutes Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat the eggs and add to the mixture one at a time.
- Then fold in the milk and the essence.
- Then add the dry ingredients slowly and mix well.
- Add the roasted oats and coconut and drop spoonfuls of this mix onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven (again at 400F/ 200C) for 8-10 mins.
- Cool and store.