Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great to make with the kids. The sweetness is balanced out by the oats and they keep them satisfied longer than traditional cookies.
- 175 g plain flour
- 15 g baking powder
- 55 g rolled oats
- 115 g butter
- 115 g sugar
- 25 g golden syrup or 25 g corn syrup
- 55 g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degC/350 degF.
- Sift flour and baking powder together. add oats and rub in butter until mix resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add sugar, syrup and choc chips until it forms a stiff dough.
- Roll on a floured surface and cut out rounds or roll into a 9cm diameter sausage and slice into eight for chewy cookies.
- Bake on a parchment covered tray for 20 - 30 minutes.
my kids loved this, and it was suprisingly easy to make.