Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy, relatively healthy and very yum! My two year old loves them. Second time round I added chopped up walnuts and dried apricots, and only used 3/4 cup of sugar, still very yum.
- 220 g butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour (I use wholemeal)
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or chunks)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl or food processor, cream the butter and sugar until light.
- Add golden syrup then stir in flour, oats, baking powder and milk.
- Lastly add the chocolate chips.
- If using a processor, stir in the choc and oats by hand so they don't get chopped up.
- Roll mixture into balls or just blob onto prepared trays (I blob them).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned (I only did mine for 10).