Recipe by Noo
These muffins are made with oil instead of butter, but still taste great. My children love them, and it’s great as they think they are getting a treat and I know they are eating some goodness! They freeze up really well too. This mix will make about 24 mini muffins or 12 large ones.
Top Review by weekend cooker
We LOVED these !! Great way to use bananas. Made recipe as posted. These were well enjoyed as a light dessert duri ng the football game tonight. This recipe is just what the doctor ordered. Made for PRMR tag.
- 250 g plain flour
- 75 g porridge oats, plus a spoonful
- more porridge oats, for decoration
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 175 g caster sugar
- 250 ml corn oil or 250 ml sunflower oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas, chopped small
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Prepare a muffin tin with cases or butter and flour holes.
- Sift the flour, oats and baking powder together.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and salt together until pale and fluffy.
- Fold this mixture and bananas into the flour.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin. Sprinkle the extra spoonful of oats over and bake for 15 minutes until muffins are risen and golden.