Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These muffins are made with oil instead of butter, but still taste great. My children love them, and it’s great as they think they are getting a treat and I know they are eating some goodness! They freeze up really well too. This mix will make about 24 mini muffins or 12 large ones.
- 250 g plain flour
- 75 g porridge oats, plus a spoonful
- more porridge oats, for decoration
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 175 g caster sugar
- 250 ml corn oil or 250 ml sunflower oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas, chopped small
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Prepare a muffin tin with cases or butter and flour holes.
- Sift the flour, oats and baking powder together.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and salt together until pale and fluffy.
- Fold this mixture and bananas into the flour.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin. Sprinkle the extra spoonful of oats over and bake for 15 minutes until muffins are risen and golden.
We LOVED these !! Great way to use bananas. Made recipe as posted. These were well enjoyed as a light dessert duri ng the football game tonight. This recipe is just what the doctor ordered. Made for PRMR tag.
Yummy muffins. A great way to use up those bananas that are too ripe to eat alone. The only change I made was to substitute applesauce for the oil. We are going to have a wonderful treat with our morning coffee : ). Made for PRMR, May, 2014.
Made these for the 2 of us to enjoy, & we are, for sure! Also always happy when something like this freezes well! Followed your recipe right on down & definitely have some of the tastiest muffins! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]